Our ambition is to foster a passion for excellence in all sports. Through our commitment to nurturing talent and developing raw ability, we encourage all our young athletes to confidently strive for continuous self-improvement and towards sporting excellence.
Our Scholarship and Performance programme specifically aims to support and guide our top athletes in their quest to optimise their sporting potential, and in doing so, boost the performance of the school.
As a sport scholar you will enjoy:
· A sport specific personal mentor
· A sports scholars handbook
· Guidance with goal setting and reviewing
· Strength and Conditioning coaching
· Preferential access to sports psychology lectures
· Nutritional guidance and advice
· Access to physiotherapy and support with injury rehabilitation
· Guidance with performance analysis
· Invitation to Sports Scholars annual dinner
13+ sport scholarships
A number of sport scholarships worth £1000 per annum are available each year. Those joining the school at 11+ may make an application as an internal candidate for the award at 13+.
Deadline: 1 January in Year 8
16+ sports scholarships
A number of sports scholarships are available each year for 16+ students.
Deadline: Further information will be sent to candidates who have indicated on the registration forms that they would like to take part in the Sports Scholarship assessment.
Bursaries and Enhanced Awards
For information on financial assistance, please click here
The Director of Sport, Mr James Emmitt, is pleased to meet candidates informally at any stage to answer queries about the scholarships.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking to select candidates who display what we consider to be the most important physical attributes and mental characteristics that lead towards becoming an elite performer. You should apply if you:
· Have raw athletic ability
· Have excellent hand-eye co-ordination
· Are coachable and willing to quickly implement given feedback
· Demonstrate ambition and drive towards achieving a personal or team goal
- Are able to make good decisions when under pressure
· Are physically resilient and robust
· Have positive emotional intelligence and are able to bounce back from setbacks
· Are willing to take the lead
· Have good communication skills
· Have met the academic requirements of the school
We hope in return, successful candidates will ‘buy in’ to our programme in being an Ambassador for Sevenoaks School Sport:
· Aspire and work towards representing the school, their county and even their country!
· Show passion, pride and sportsmanship in all that they do
· Have a genuine desire to contribute to the sporting life of the school
· Be prepared to be a leader
· Help to make sport relevant to fellow students, whatever their ability
Scholarships are reviewed annually and their continuance is dependent upon attitude, conduct, participation and progress.
Candidates unsuccessful in their application are likely to be included in the school Performance Programme where they will still receive support in the following areas:
- Strength and Conditioning coaching
· Potential access to sports psychology lectures
· Nutritional guidance and advice
HOW TO APPLY:
For Sixth Form, further information will be sent to candidates who have indicated on the registration forms that they would like to take part in the Sports Scholarship assessment.