08 September 2021
We're excited for a new year of sport at Sevenoaks with our first set of fixtures having already taken place at the weekend. We also had some fantastic sporting news over the summer.
Jake Brislane (L6) qualified to run for Bermuda in the U17 3000m at the CARFITA Games which were supposed to be held in July. However, they were unfortunately cancelled due to the pandemic as athletes would have been forced to quarantine in order to compete.
Abi Scott (U6) had an amazing summer representing the sport at several regional and national events:
- Represented South-East in the British Eventing Youth Championships
- Represented England (South & East squad) in the British Dressage Home Internationals and placing eigth in GB at Medium level
- Represented the UK in the Pony Club International Alliance Dressage Competition, taking individual and team gold!
- Finished fourth at the British Dressage nationals in both Novice and Elementary U21 classes
- Became Riding Club Winter Virtual Junior National Champion at Prelim, Elementary and Medium level
- Qualified for Pony Club National Championships in dressage, show jumping and eventing
- Qualified for Riding Club National Championships in dressage and show jumping
- Became Pony Club Open Novice Dressage National Champion
- Became Pony Club Open Dressage section winner and placed sixth in GB
- Placed fourth in Pony Club Intermediate Eventing
- Became NSEA Elementary Dressage National Champion
Harry Scott (Y11) also represented the South East at the International Youth eventing championships.
The first British Ranking Competitions (since March 2020 lockdown) for Cadet (U17) and Junior (U20) age groups took place in Manchester for the 2021-2022 season. Amelie Tsang (Y11) won the Cadet (U17) competition. Amelie Tsang and Maddy Gale (U6) finished second and third respectively in the Junior (U20) competition. Piero Steiner (U6) finished sixth in the Junior (U20) epee competition.
Summer Knight-Thompson (Y10) competed for Saxon Tigers who won the Futures Cup competition. Summer has also been selected in the 1st XI school side which is particularly impressive given her age.
In some of our first fixtures of the season we won nine and drew six out of 20 fixtures versus Hurstpierpoint and Brighton College.
Chloe Chong (Y10) finished fourth at the Whilton Mill – British Championships shakedown and as a result qualified for the British Championships at the same venue finishing 27th overall.
Jemima Korvin (U6) was selected in the England U19 Academy.
Oliver Chambers (Y8) came third in the Royal Fowey Regatta during the summer break.
Martin Atilla (L6) won the ILCA 4.7 Youth Worlds in Dublin beating 243 sailors from 31 countries.
Eva Okaro (Y10) performed exceptionally well at the European Junior Swimming Championships in Rome over the summer, earning three medals!
Eva won silver in the 4 x 100m freestyle relay, bronze in the 50m freestyle and a bronze after helping the British Swimming team in the 4 x 100m Medley Relay qualify for the final.
Matthew Wilkes (Y10) finished off an amazing summer of tennis by winning the boys’ U14 singles trophy at the Kent championship.
Ruby Marriage (Y7) won the girls’ U12 singles trophy at the Kent championship.
Old Sennockians: Cricket
Congrats to Old Sennockian, Tash Farrant (OS 2014) on her performance helping Oval Invincibles to victory over Southern Brave to become the first women’s Hundred champions at Lord’s. She has also represented England in the one day series versus New Zealand.