01 March 2022
KAN February Meet-up
On the 28 February we had 94% of our current cohorts arrive at Sevenoaks School for their meet-up day. Each year-group had a fantastic workshop run by 2-3 degrees and a session tailored to their cohort. These were:
- Post-16 pathways and independent learning skills led Johnathon Bridges of Goldsmiths University of London for the 2021 cohort.
- A session about revision planning led by Elen Harris, a Sevenoaks School teacher for the 2020 cohort.
- A talk by Ali Bahcaci of John Wallis Academy, giving advice to the students about visiting universities for the 2019 cohort.
- A mentor led discussion about budgeting and meal-planning with the 2018 cohort.
In our feedback surveys (34 participants in November 2022 and 35 in February 2023) we found that:
- Across both meet-up days students said that they felt supported by their KAN network (82% and 83%)
- Across both meet-up days students said that the sessions were interesting and well delivered (94% and 97%)
- Our February meet-up made students more enthusiastic about their school-work than our November one (69% compared to 59%)
In response to the question “what does KAN mean to you” students spoke about the following:
- Helping to achieve goals
When asked the best thing about the day a large proportion of our survey participants mentioned meeting up with their cohort or the 2-3 degrees workshop.