14 December 2021
Fantastic news for our U16s hockey team and some great performances in fencing and athletics.
At the Schools’ Pentathlon International, Tom Hobbs (Y10) competed for England against Wales, Ireland and Scotland, finishing fight overall – a fantastic achievement.
At the regional finals, our U16 girls side put in exceptional performances throughout the afternoon to be crowned champions, securing a place at the Tier 3 National Finals showing some incredible resilience in awful conditions.
A number of our girls have also enjoyed success over the weekend playing for Hockey Club Knole Park:
- U16 South East Indoor Champions progressing to the nationals – Bella Munoz (Y10), Amber Croll (Y10)
- U18 South East Indoor Champions progressing to the nationals – Betrys Galloni (L6), Annabel Cheveley (L6), Alice Reeve (U6)
Amelie Tsang (Y11) finished third out of 171 fencers in the Cadet (U17) World Cup event in Cabries, France. In the direct elimination stage, it was a tough draw, but Amelie managed to beat three Italian fencers (15-4, 15-5 and 15-3) and the French U15 champion. She lost her semi-final match 12-15 to the eventual winner of the competition. As a result, Amelie has secured qualification for the Cadet European Championships in Serbia and the Cadet World Championships in Dubai.
- 78% of pupils have represented the school this term.
- 100% representation across the Lower School
- 81% across the Middle School
- 53% across the Upper School
- 19 sports have been played so far this year
- 480 fixtures
- 88 teams
At the Surrey Sports Park Invitational Schools Squash Event 2021, Sevenoaks finished fifth overall. Well done to all involved.
Hugo Coquelin (OS 2019) has been named as the LTA Kent Junior Player of the Year.