05 February 2019
Sporting Highlights 4 February 2019
News on tennis, cross country, football, sailing and swimming
Old Sennockian Sabrina Sinha (OS 2017) finished third in the U20 women’s race at the Southern Cross Country Championships, at Parliament Hill on Saturday.
Renée Ojikutu was part of the ISFA U18 team which won 4-0 in Scotland at the weekend.
The Sevenoaks sailors won the Suffolk Shield, beating Rugby in the final.
Sevenoaks teams did very well at the Weald and Downland Cup, with our final placings as follows:
- Junior (Y7, 8, 9) – Girls 2nd (with a mainly Year 7 team); Boys 2nd
- Inter (Y10/11) – Girls 2nd (with a mainly Year 9 team); Boys 1st
- Senior (Y12/13) – Girls 3rd; Boys 3rd
Other schools competing included Tonbridge, Epsom, Eastbourne, King’s Canterbury, Benenden and Walthamstow Hall.
Lily Girardet competed at the London counties event. She competed in five events and came out with two finals (in the 100m and 50m freestyle), one silver (50m backstroke) and two golds (100m and 200m backstroke).
After a gruelling third weekend at the Kent County Swimming Championships 2019, the Sevenoaks results were:
- Demi Ali (12): Silver, 100m breaststroke
- Izabella Okaro (13): Gold, 100m backstroke
- Louis Hayes (15): Bronze 100m breaststroke; golds 100m and 200m butterfly; U16 Junior Cup winner, retaining the cup he won as a 14-year-old.
Hugo Coquelin represented Britain at the U14 Tennis Europe competition.