Well done to the inter girls who have made it through to the ESSA (English Schools’) regionals finals.
During the U17 Kent Championship, Fin Croll ran a 1500m personal best of 4.16 minutes, plus a bronze in 800m (2.04 minutes).
At the Sussex Diamond league, there were a number of personal bests for students:
- Isabelle Fox, 800m, 2.24 minutes (Year 10)
- Elspeth Watson, Discus, 24.22 metres (Year 9)
- Ryan Cherian, 400m, 51.56 seconds (Year 12)
- Cameron Davies, 800m, 2.16 minutes (Year 9)
- Tanay Relwani, 200m, 24.22 seconds (Year 10)
After brilliant performances all day at the U13 Lady Taverners regional finals, the U13 girls were regional champions and progressed to the national finals in Lord's where they finished third.
Henry Procter scored an impressive 150 not out against KCS Wimbledon. This is the first 150 for Sevenoaks at 1st team level since Chris Tavaré. Alfie Marr-Johnson supported with a good 50 to post a 185-run 1st wicket partnership, which is the highest in many years.
Phoebe Gough-Cooper, Annabel Cheveley, Lulu Stephens and Imogen Moran narrowly lost to Surbiton at the U14 national finals playing for Sevenoaks Hockey Club.
Sevenoaks Hockey Club are national champions. Congratulations to those Sevenoaks students who took part; Summer Knight-Thompson, Bella Munoz, Amber Croll and Harriet Medlen.
Congratulations to Izzy Fox who has been selected for the Surrey Storm U15 long squad.
Well done to Georgia Baker who has been selected to compete in the London Schools’ Combined Events Championships.
Tom Cox (U6) has been awarded The John Carley Award for Most Improved Referee by the Kent Society of Rugby Football Union Referees. This was after a season in which he refereed over 25 games, including several adult games and the U15 Kent Cup final.
Well done to Louis Hayes who won three golds, two silvers and a bronze at the Swim England South East regionals.
The following pupils took part at the U14 SE regional championships:
- David Maule
- Amelia Tovey
- Emily Brown
- Kara Dimond
- Izzy Okaro placed seventh in the 200m individual medley final.
- Elspeth Watson placed second in the 200m butterfly final.
- Demi Alli placed fifth in the 50m butterfly final and sixth in the 100m breaststroke final.
We had some fantastic results at the Kent Doubles tournament:
- Hugo Coquelin and Michael Smirnov won the U15 tournament.
- Fred Ivey and Kobi Smith won the U13 tournament.
- In the girls U13 tournament, Serena Manca and Maddie Brown won, with Allegra Cuomo and Annabel Nuijens coming second and Carlotta Kern and Riti Wadera finishing third.
The U14, U15 and U16 boys all won the first round of the Independent School League.
The U13 girls and boys tennis teams won their first matches in the county round of the national cup.
At the Independent School League, the Division 1 boys finished third narrowly behind Eton and Reed’s.
At the Harpenden tournament, U14 pair Madeleine Brown and Annabel Nuijens made it to the semi-final and U16 pair Janani Sivayogan and Jemima Korvin won the consolation prize.
Congratulations to you all.
Congratulations to Sabrina Sinha (OS 2017) on her silver in the 1500m at the BUCS (British Universities & Colleges Sport) Outdoor Championships 2019.