The PE curriculum will be split into two parts - Mental and Physical. This comprises of modules that differ throughout each year group.
PHYSICAL - Through modules in fundamental movement skills, athletic development, co-ordination and athletics we are looking to enhance long term development and raise athletic potential.
- Athletic Development - enhance students' physical literacy and understanding of training types.
- Athletics - developing and refining technique of Athletic disciplines.
- Co-ordination - students discover the principles of co-ordination-based games and are exposed to a variety of activities.
- Fundamental Movement Skills - through various movements patterns and games, we aim to improve many core and transferrable movement skills.
MENTAL – Through a concept-based curriculum, we are focus on nurturing personal attributes to enhance well-being through physical activity.
- Think – students are encouraged to collaboratively understand and solve tactical problems.
- Communicate – students explore different types of communication and leadership styles.
- Reflect – students are asked to reflect, set goals and explore resilience.
- Mindful – students learn about aspects of mindfulness.
- Problem solving - students learn teamwork and how to work under pressure.
- Inquiring – students are asked to independently research and lead fitness classes.
- To enhance the physical literacy of every student - PHYSICAL.
- and foster personal attributes through physical activity – MENTAL.
Complete peak/height velocity tests in first week. This then leads into determining which physical prep level students undertake at the start of each session.