Sevenoaks School is committed to the wellbeing of pupils and staff, through our wide range of educational opportunities for pupils and cpd for staff, our sense of community and common purpose, and our support structures. We aim to build strong partnerships between families, pupils and school to enable us to develop the wellbeing of pupils.
- Emotional – a sense of optimism, self-worth, achievement, compassion, purpose and an ability to respond effectively to the emotions of others and oneself, having a sense of purpose
- Psychological – a sense of autonomy, resilience, engagement
- Social – having supportive and satisfying relationships, able to connect with others in a range of settings, having a set of moral values
Wellbeing enables us to:
- make the most of opportunities offered or sought
- develop coping strategies for when inevitable challenges arise
- contribute to our local and wider community
Wellbeing is developed through:
- a range of learning experiences
- independent and team work
- quality relaxation time
- physical health
- effective techniques to manage stress
Please find below some documents, links and content that you may find useful:
Information for parents: Relationship & Sex Education and Health Education
Understanding what is covered in lessons and where to get more information as a parent.
Boarding Common Rules
These apply to ALL boarding houses and include information about weekends, half terms and driving regulations as they apply to boarders.
Useful boarding information
Including catering, religion, working together and housekeeping.