The ‘Masked Miler’ challenge has proved hugely popular amongst students, staff, parents and OS. A huge well done to the 405 participants who have taken part in the challenge so far. In the first week alone, we’ve managed to travel an incredible total of 6,165 miles. This is the equvilant of running around the perimeter of a football pitch 30, 825 times.
- First: Year 11, 12 and 13 (1515.48 miles)
- Second: Year 7 and 8 (1062.69 miles)
- Third: Old Sennockians and parents (847.77 miles)
- Fourth: Staff (804.41 miles)
- Fifth: Year 10 (713.35 miles)
- Sixth: Year 9 (673.47 miles)
Well done to everyone who has taken part. You can find out more about the challenge and how to take part here.
Last term students took part in a virtual indoor rowing competition against other schools in Kent. Well done to all those who took part, and special congratulations to the following groups and indivduals who earned leaderboard spots:
- Year 7 Girls – Second place in the team event
- Year 8 Boys – Bertie Turner won a gold medal
- Year 9 Boys – Second place in the team event
- Year 9 Boys – Henry Hodges won a bronze medal
Congratulations to Tash Farrant (OS 2014), captain of South East Stars, who has been recalled to the England cricket squad for their New Zealand tour next month. The tour comprises three one-day internationals beginning on 23 February and three Twenty20 matches from 3 March. Cricket fans will be able to watch the matches on BT Sport.