Record number of students opting for mock interviews for Oxbridge
On Sunday 8 November we were delighted to welcome the social enterprise company, Oxbridge Interviews to supplement the work of departments and to offer mock interviews to our Upper Sixth cohort.
On the day, 70 students participated in 130 hours of interviews and by December Oxbridge Interviews will have interviewed 77 of our students, bringing the total number of mock interviews held at the school to 150.
We were delighted to welcome back two Old Sennockians, James Manning who recently graduated from Oxford, and Janice Chui who graduated from Cambridge, to come back as interviewers. One student commented that 'I think during both I was challenged continuously, which I think is a good reflection of what it would be like in an actual Oxbridge interview.' Another student said, 'It was insightful, I feel far better prepared for my interview now.'
The feedback collected from the students was extremely positive and we were really pleased that: ·
- 100% of students would recommend attending an interview to a friend
- 97% of students agreed that the interview experience was well organised
- 97% of the students found the feedback which they received useful
- 100% of students agreed their interviewer was professional and well-prepared ·
- 100% of students now have a better idea of what to expect at interview