With an average 205 students a year taking the International Baccalaureate, Sevenoaks is the largest IB school in the UK.
Scoring 45 points is an extraordinary academic achievement. Each year, only about 200 students in the world manage it. Typically, between 10 and 15 of them come from Sevenoaks School.
To achieve the maximum 45 points, students must:
- Gain 7 points in literature
- Gain 7 points in a foreign language
- Gain 7 points in mathematics
- Gain 7 points in a science subject
- Gain 7 points in an arts or other subject of their choice
- Gain 3 points from the study of Theory of Knowledge and a 4,000 word Extended Essay based on in-depth research.
They must also spend a set time participating in creative, sporting and community service activities of their choice.