Education for All: Morocco
The 2018 Sevenoaks School Geography Calendar competition is now open.
The 2017 calendar sale raised £2000 for this charity. Please help us to support the valuable work of Education for All by submitting your 2018 entries now.
Instructions for uploading photographs to the 2018 Geography Calendar competition from within the UK:
1. To upload your photographs please go to http://onedrive.live.com and click on the ‘Sign In’ button. The user name is email@example.com and the password is Geocalendar18 (please note it is case sensitive).
2. Photographs should be uploaded by continent. There is a 2018 folder for each continent: Asia, Europe, Antarctica, The Americas, Africa and Oceania.
3. Go into the folder in which you want to upload your photograph and click on the ‘Upload’ button.
4. When your photograph has uploaded, go onto the photograph and click on ‘Add a caption’ underneath the photograph. Please write your name and a location so that we can contact you if your photograph is chosen for the calendar.
5. Ideally, the photographs you upload should be above 4MB in size in order for your photo to be considered for a main picture in the calendar. The larger the file size, the better!
6. The closing date for entries is Wednesday 20th September 2017
Instructions for uploading photographs to the 2018 Geography Calendar competition from outside the UK:
If you live outside the UK you will not be able to access the onedrive account without additional security details so please email your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not reduce the file size of the images and indicate the location in the subject box.
Profit from the sale of the calendar goes to Education for All, a charity that helps to fund boarding places for impoverished girls in rural Morocco, enabling them to attend secondary school.
The issue of gender inequalities is taught in the Core theme of the IB geography syllabus and the importance of educating women is something which is brought home to our Lower Sixth IB Geographers on the annual visit to the High Atlas mountains in Morocco each Easter holiday. Among the Berber villages of the High Atlas mountains students meet women their own age who craved the chance to be educated beyond primary school and also spend some time interacting with the girls at the boarding house in Asni who are fortunate enough to directly benefit from the EfA charity.
The 2017 calendar sale raised £2000 for this charity. In April of this year a further £1000 from the calendar sale was donated directly to the local Imlil Association and our students helped to construct a wall at the local primary school (one of the Association’s current projects to enhance the community).
Please note: Images submitted may be published in the Geography Calendar with your name. Winning images may also be published in other Sevenoaks School media. Copyright of the calendar remains with Sevenoaks School. Proceeds from sales of the calendar will be donated to Education for All