|Number of candidates||214||224||216||216||205|
|Grade 7 HL||51.6%||42.0%||47.5%||59.3%||51.2%|
|Grade 7-6 HL||84.0%||81.4%||83.3%||89.4%||85.2%|
|Grade 7-5 HL||97.7%||94.2%||95.8%||97.8%||94.8%|
|45 pts total||18||18||16||17||24|
|40+ pts total||135||119||121||143||121|
|Average pts total||40.1||39.3||39.7||40.6||39.7|
IB results 2020
Many congratulations to the Class of 2020 on their outstanding IB results.
Together they have achieved the remarkable average Diploma score of 40.1 points, about ten points above the world average.
Eighteen students achieved the maximum 45 points, with 24 securing 44 points and another 23 securing 43 points. Over 60 per cent of the cohort achieved 40 points or more – another truly excellent result.
We are proud of all our students and the contribution they have made to the school and to the local and global community. We congratulate the cohort of 2020 on their hard work, professionalism and how they coped with the disappointment of their exams being cancelled, using the opportunity to pursue academic enrichment and service.
The IB Diploma, the global gold standard of education, will enable our students to proceed to the world’s best universities and go on to make a valuable contribution to society.
Over 165,000 students from 144 countries took the IB Diploma last year. The IB’s outlook is invaluable, instilling in our young people the capacity to understand and prosper in our global community.
IB results 2019
Many congratulations to the Class of 2019 on their outstanding examination results.
It’s wonderful to celebrate again another cohort’s success in the IB, the global gold standard of education. Our students will proceed to the world’s best universities and go on to make an outstanding contribution to society.’
Dr Katy Ricks, Head
- At 224 students, this cohort was the largest we had taught and among the biggest of UK and global IB schools
- 15 students gained the maximum 45 points
- 19 students gained 44 points
- 13 students gained 43 points
- 118 students gained 40 or more points (over 50% of the cohort)
- The mean score is 39.4 (about 10 points above the world average)
- The median point score is 40
Over 160,000 students from 153 countries took the IB Diploma last year. The IB’s outlook is invaluable, instilling in our young people the capacity to understand and prosper in the global community, as well as providing an outstanding entry to university.
IB results 2018
Many congratulations to the Class of 2018 on their outstanding examination results – among our best results in recent years from one of our largest cohorts.
- At 216 students, our cohort is among the biggest of UK and worldwide IB schools
- 17 students gained the maximum 45 points for the IB Diploma
- 26 students gained 44 points
- 20 students gained 43 points
- 120 students gained 40 or more points (over 55%)
- The mean points score is 39.6 (ten points above the world average, 29.8)
- The modal points score is 44
- The median points score is 40
Over 160,000 students from over 153 countries took the IBDP in 2018.