Our accolades and achievements
Sevenoaks enjoys a position as one of the world's leading independent schools, and global top IB schools, and numerous accolades demonstrate its success.
- Top Independent IB Boarding School 2018 and also the top fully co-educational IB school in the UK.
- Featured as 'Great for the IB' in The Week's 'Best of the best' 2018
- Voted the highest-placed coeducational school both nationally and regionally in the Sunday Times Parent Power rankings, 2018
- Top UK fully co-educational IB school in the Education Advisers Ltd rankings of 2017.
- Highest performing fully co-educational school, and the one with the largest cohort, in the Sunday Times Parent Power's list of the top 50 fee-paying schools for the IB in 2015.
- Top performing independent co-educational school for Sixth Form in the Department for Education listings in 2015.
- 11 awards from the Good Schools Guide in 2015, for academic performances in Chemistry, Physics, Maths Studies, Economics, Geography and Technology.
- Named best school for forward thinking by The Week in 2015, in its summary of the 'Best of the best' schools of the year, and nominated for 'best for original types'.
- Top fully co-educational independent school (and 11th of 200) in the 2014 Sunday Times Parent Power league table of the Top 200 Independent Secondary Schools.
- In 2013 the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) awarded Sevenoaks the rare accolade of 'Exceptional' for its students' achievement.
- Topped the Department for Education's KS4 performance tables in 2012, with the highest percentage of pupils achieving all subjects of the English Baccalaureate.
- Listed as the top independent school at A-level or equivalent in the Independent in 2012.
Outstanding participation in service, exceptional achievement in activities and unusually high levels of learning skills. A key feature is the outstanding level of collaborative learning evident at all ages to which is added great facility to learn independently.
ISI Report 2013
- Listed as the top co-educational independent secondary school (IB) in the Sunday Times Schools Guide 2011.
- Top UK co-educational IB school 2011 and 2010 in the Education Advisers Ltd rankings (www.best-schools.co.uk)
- Described as 'outstanding' in the Ofsted Boarding Inspection 2009.
- Sunday Times Independent Secondary School of the Year 2008.