The co-curriculum encompasses all the activities, societies, events and trips which the school offers alongside the academic curriculum. It is an integral and essential aspect of the education offered by Sevenoaks School. This emphasis on a rich and diverse co-curricular programme throughout the school is based on the conviction that individuals thrive in an environment in which all of their abilities and talents are recognised and nurtured.
The aims of the co-curriculum are:
- To enrich and enhance the learning and understanding of pupils and ensure that Sevenoaks School remains a vibrant and dynamic environment in which to work and learn.
- To provide opportunities for all pupils to develop and demonstrate originality, skill and enthusiasm across a broad range of creative, physical and cultural activities in school and in the wider community.
- To encourage pupils to develop a strong sense of responsibility and an appreciation of the importance of service and community.
- To inspire and engage pupils, enabling them to discover and pursue new passions and to develop greater self-confidence and self- awareness.
- To enable pupils to challenge themselves within a supportive framework and promote strong relations throughout the school community.
See our photo galleries for a sample of the co-curricular activities on offer at Sevenoaks School.